Welcome to CASRC's Get Connected Page! This page is designed to assist busy after school practitioners who need access to centralized after school information and contacts at the local and state levels; professional networks; research and guidance documents; and other CASRC resources to support high-quality programming.
- Interested in a CASRC exhibit/presentation? Based on available funding levels, CASRC can deliver a presentation or host a resource display, free of charge, to assist staff with supporting students’ health and/or academic skills in your area. In-person presentations are interactive, research-based, and tailored to support your program’s needs. Topics include academics and homework; health and safety; and physical activity and nutrition in after school. A minimum of two-week notice is needed to secure a CASRC staff member for your conference, meeting, or event. Please allow 1-3 business days to get a response after submitting an Outreach Request Form.
- Need support for existing after school programs in your area? Contact the After School Regional Leads or the California Department of Education (CDE) consultants.
- Want support obtaining or managing an after school program? Find available funding, statewide funding results, or lists of currently funded agencies. Access budget information, payment and reporting schedules, forms, and guidelines for reimbursement for the After School Education and Safety Program (ASES) and 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) Program.
- Looking for basic information about ASES and 21st CCLC Programs? Access the official Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) from the California Department of Education, After School Division.
- Interested in research to inform after school program practices? Access reviewed research and guidance documents in a variety of topics relevant to after school, including child/youth development, academics, program design and development, and more.
Are you in the loop?
- Access past and current issues of CASRC’s In the Loop (newsletters featuring high-quality resources and articles).
- Register to receive electronic In the Loop E-Updates featuring news, trainings, and additional resources.