This privacy statement describes the privacy practices of the California After School Resource Center (CASRC).
- This policy covers how CASRC treats personal information that is collected and received, including information related to your use of the CASRC library and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of organizations that CASRC does not own or control, or to people that CASRC does not employ or manage. In addition, certain CASRC-associated organizations such as California Healthy Kids Resource Center have their own privacy statements which can be viewed by clicking on the link.
Personal Information Collection and Use
- CASRC collects personal information when you register to borrow materials, apply to serve on CASRC review and advisory boards or training cadres, or register to receive E-Updates.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, address, e-mail address, zip code, phone numbers, occupation, position, and supervisor. Once you register with CASRC you are not anonymous to us.
- CASRC also collects information about your library transactions with us.
- CASRC uses information for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for library materials and services, customize the E-Updates you receive from us, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous aggregated reports to funders.
How We Use and Share Personal Information
- CASRC will have access to any information you provide. We share your personal information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf (for example, our Web site provider, companies that print and ship our catalogs and library materials) and when, in our judgment, we believe it is necessary or appropriate to prevent fraud, injury, or harm to persons or property, to protect our rights or the rights of others, to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or as otherwise required by law. We limit the scope of the information provided to third parties, and we allow its use only for the purposes for which it was disclosed.
- CASRC uses the personal information we collect to process your library orders, identify you within our systems, contact you if we have questions about your order, notify you about new services, and to invite you to apply to serve on advisory and review boards and special promotional programs.
- CASRC does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We may respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your CASRC Account Information or your Subject/Topics preferences, or unsubscribe from E-Updates, at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the CASRC services, such as service announcements, invitations for participation in review boards, trainings, and administrative messages such as ‘In the Loop’, the CASRC Newsletter, that are considered part of your CASRC account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- CASRC provides customers with marketing and promotional materials via e-mail and mail. If you'd prefer not to receive these materials, let us know using the instructions included in the following Q & A:
Q. How can I contact the CASRC?
A. You may contact us using any of the following options:
- Send us an e-mail
- Call us toll-free at (888) 318-8130
- Fax us at (510) 670-4582
- Write us directly at:
California After School Resource Center
313 Winton Avenue
Hayward, CA 94544
Q. I don’t want to receive CASRC outreach and E-Updates. What should I do?
A. To remove your name from our outreach and E-Updates lists, please follow the instructions noted below:
- E-Updates – Click on the unsubscribe link located in all of our E-Updates. (Requests to opt out will be honored within 10 business days.)
- Annual print catalog, newsletters and other outreach – Call, write, or send an e-mail to CASRC, using the contact information provided above.
When submitting a request by telephone or mail, please be sure to include all of the contact information you have ever used or provided to CASRC even if it is no longer current, including:
- All e-mail addresses
- All telephone numbers
- All names and addresses, including city, state and zip code
You may continue to receive direct mail or catalog mailings after you have asked us not to send them. This can occur due to timing delays in updating applicable computer systems or due to incorrect, out of date, or duplicate contact information. If that happens to you, please call us.
Confidentiality and Security
- If you order library materials from the CASRC Web site, we use third-party technology to help us fulfill your order. This technology uses non-personally identifiable information about your visits to CASRC. We use Cuesta (www.cuesta.com), a service provider, to assist us with library and Web site use data collection and reporting.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you, or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- To learn more about security, including the security steps we have taken and security steps you can take, please read Security at CASRC.
- CASRC may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our Web site.
Questions and Suggestions